Dimarts - Català; Ara i Sempre

I am sure you could guess which word I will share with you today in English, but do you know it in Catalan? It starts and ends the same as Dilluns... it's called
"Dimarts" /dɪmɑːs/

So, Dimarts it will be the same as Tuesday! Tuesday when I was in school was always a horrible day, maybe because I had a lot of classes, because I had gym and music... but it had stayed with me since then, I hate Tuesdays!


I'll continue with the song I was showing you yesterday, and it will continue all the week, it's a really silly song, but I had so many good memories of it! The lyric is from the band group Ara va de Bo, but you'll find the same song with minor changes with different bands.

La masovera - Ara va de bo               The Farmer - Ara va de bo
O lai, là, la masovera, la masovera,               O lai, là, the farmer, the farmer,
la masovera se'n va al mercat               the farmer goes to the market
El mercat és el dilluns,               In the market is Monday.
el dilluns en compra llums. Llums!               On Mondays she buys lights. Lights!

O lai, là, la masovera, la masovera,               O lai, là, the farmer, the farmer,
la masovera se'n va al mercat               the farmer goes to the market
El mercat és el dimarts,               In the market is Tuesday.
El dimarts en compra naps...               On Tuesdays she buys turnips. Turnips!
Llums, naps!               Lights, turnips!

The source of the lyric is Viasona.

Labels: , , , ,