Everything But The Truth by Gillian McAllister

Everything But The Truth by Gillian McAllister
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Source: NetGalley
Rating: 3/5


This review contains spoilers, so it's your choice to continue reading or to read the book before reading my review!
This is one of those books that is so close to home that instead of enjoying it, it made me sad and had nightmares during the three days I was reading it. The story is curious and makes you rethink about how much you need to know everything in your relationship. I have to admit that I wouldn't be so suspicious, and that's a big problem Rachel has. 
And I know what is it to lose your mother, because it's just been 7 months that my mum passed away, with a colon cancer that the doctors just gave her 3 to 6 months to live. For me it's still difficult to read about cancer, the patients, the therapy, the sadness... and this book didn't make it easy neither. And on those cases where there's nothing you can do, knowing the real truth, makes the patient and the family the sense they can control something about this unpredictable illness.
And oh, the robberies, I know what it is that someone enters your home almost every day to steal your things; ice, beer, plants, not something precious just the pleasure to steal. This happened a few years ago in my uncle's farm, the police said that they couldn't do anything, because the thieves had to be catch "in fraganti". They told me in my face that the day the wanted to enter I didn't have to worry, they would return when I wouldn't be there. I know what it is the helplessness to lose your privacy, one time after another. We didn't have arms, and we didn't kill anyone, but there were times that we wished... Jack made a bad choice, something that he will have to live for the rest of his days, but when you are desperate, you are irrational and without common sense, with high possibilities to do something really, really, wrong.
This book is well written and interesting, yes, but I didn't enjoyed very much, I think in a few years I will have to re-read it and maybe change my review.

Labels: , , ,