Help For The Haunted by John Searles

Help For The Haunted by John Searles
Genre: Thriller, Horror
Source: NetGalley
Rating: 3/5


This is the story of Sylvie and Rose, whose parents where murdered in a cold night... but, where they killed as a consequence of their strange work or because of something else?
Sylvester and Rose Mason had a very frightening work, they travel around the country searching for spirits. One night someone killed both of them in a church, while their young daughter was waiting for them inside their car. Now Sylvie wants to know why, where they killed by a human or something else?

"That's when my hand went to my chest.That's when my breath caught in my throat. Earlier, when those boys came and went, I believed I'd faced down the most frightening event of the night, but not once I understood the cause of the dog's alarm. Down among the tangled branches of the rhododendrons, I saw it: the yellowy glow from the basement window. After all those months of darkness, whatever it was down there had turned on the light once more."

This is a psychological thriller with hunted dolls and mysterious sounds following you all night!
It took me a while to finish this book, the spirits are not quite my style of books, but like all good books I wanted to know the why and the who of the killings! And I am still a little bit frightened of the "possessed" doll...
John Searles describes a creepy family with a hunting literature making you impossible to turn off your lights for a while!
Do you know with whom are you sharing your home? 

Labels: , ,